Dieser Artikel ist nicht in Deutsch verfügbar. Durch Aufrufen dieses Artikels unterstützen Sie uns, dessen Übersetzung zukünftig in Betracht zu ziehen.
Falls Sie zusätzliche Unterstützung oder für den Kundendienst relevante Fragen haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an unser deutsches Kundendienst-Team über dieses Formular: https://help.extensis.com/hc/de/requests/new
This article describes the steps required to move UTS from one server to another. Since UTS backups are cross-platform, it is possible to move from Mac to Windows and vice-versa. For the sake of brevity, instructions for configuring SSO (Single Sign On) and external databases are excluded.
The following steps will refer to an 'old server' and a 'new server'. The former refers to the system being migrated from and the latter refers to the destination. It is recommended that you perform this procedure at a time when there will be little or no demand for UTS, since it will be unavailable during parts of this procedure.
On the old server:
- Log into UTS Administration
- Under 'Status', check the 'Product Version' and make a note of it. The new server will need to have this version of UTS or newer
- Click on 'Backups' under 'Datastore' in the left column
- Click on 'Backup now'. UTS will start making a backup in the location listed under 'Backup destination' in the same window
- When UTS is finished creating a backup, go to the folder where the backup is stored. The default location is in the/data/backups folder in the same directory that UTS is installed in
- Copy the newest backup to a convenient location on the new server
On the new server:
- Install the same version or newer of UTS as was on the old server. You can get installers by going here
- Once the installation is complete, activate your UTS 7 installation by following the instructions at https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018517534
- Now it's time to restore your backup
- In UTS Server Administration, click on 'Backups' under 'Datastore'
- Enter the full path, including the filename, to the tar backup you intend to restore.
- Mac: /Applications/Extensis/Universal Type Server/data/backups/2011_03_05T00_38_53_328Z.tar
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Extensis\Universal Type Server\data\backups\2011_03_05T00_38_53_328Z.tar