A Suitcase TeamSync user must have the Administrator permission to be able invite users to join your team. When you purchase TeamSync, your user account is an Administrator by default.
A team can only have as many users as you have licenses. When all of your licenses are in use, you won’t be able to add any more users. Users can be added or removed at any time; users who are removed from your team will lose access to your shared libraries. You can also add users by purchasing additional licenses.
Inviting users to your team
- Log in to the Suitcase TeamSync administration website at https://manage.extensis.com
- On the Users tab, click Invite User.
- Enter the first name, last name, and email address of the person you want to invite. NOTE: This email address will be used to create a new Extensis account if an account does not exist for it.
- Select an access permission under User Permissions: Read Only, Modify, or Administrator.
- Check Collect for Output if you want the user to be able to collect and download fonts from a TeamSync shared library.
- Click Invite User to send the invitation.
TeamSync will send a message to their email address with an invitation to join your team. If the email address doesn’t have an Extensis account associated with it, TeamSync will create one and send them a temporary password.
Changing user permissions
A user can have one of three access permissions: Read Only, Modify, or Administrator. A user can also be given permission to collect and download fonts in Suitcase Fusion from a shared library. A user’s access permissions apply to every library the user has access to.
- Read Only - allows users to activate fonts, but they cannot add fonts to or remove fonts from a shared library.
- Modify - allows users to add fonts to, remove fonts from, and activate fonts in a shared library.
- Administrator - allows grants users the same permissions as the Modify permission; users can also log in to the Suitcase TeamSync administration website to manage users and libraries for the team.
To change a user’s access permissions:
- On the Users tab, select a user and click Edit User
- Choose the new access permission from the drop-down menu
- Check or uncheck the Collect for Output checkbox to grant or remove the ability to collect and download fonts
- Click Update
Removing users from your team
On the Users tab, select the user you want to remove and click Remove User. A warning dialog will appear asking to confirm that you want to remove the user; click Remove and the user will be removed from your team. A TeamSync user with Administrator permissions can’t remove itself from a team; another Administrator user must remove them.
NOTE: If the user being removed does not have their own license, they will no longer be able to use Suitcase Fusion.
Assigning shared libraries to users
You can assign a user to one or more shared libraries at a time. On the Users tab, select a user and click Assign Libraries. Check or uncheck the libraries that you want the user to have access to, and click Save.