How to migrate and retain fonts, font libraries and font sets to and from Extensis Font Management application such as Suitcase Fusion, Suitcase Teamsync and Universal Type Client?
How to Export font sets:
NOTE: To collect a set of fonts from a one of our Extensis Font Management application workgroups, you must have Administrative access on your computer to output the selected workgroup(s). Universal Type Client users will also need to have permissions enabled on the Universal Type Server for font output. Please see your Font Server Administrator for permission changes and access.
- Create a new folder on the desktop (typically right click your mouse and select new folder)
- In the Extensis Font Management application, select a set in the left hand Libraries pane, or Workgroups pane, and to go File > Collect Fonts for Output. Or, right click the selected set and select Collect for Output.
- In the window that appears Select the Collected Sets folder on the desktop
- Repeat for each set that you want to collect
- Check the newly created folder (step 1) to make sure the font sets are appearing the correct manner. Each set should retain the Set name from the Extensis Font Management application.
NOTE - This will not collect PostScript Type 1 fonts for Windows if the application is running on Mac OS, or Mac OS Type 1 fonts if application is running on Windows. To collect Type 1 fonts from the Font Management application, you must be running the same Font Management application on the same type of operating system.
How to Import sets:
- Select your new Font Management application (Universal Type Client, Suitcase Fusion or Teamsync)
NOTE – Shared Teamsync folders require you to have proper permissions set prior to adding fonts to shared folders. For more information about user level permissions please visit the following link: http://helpdocs.extensis.com/en/suitcase-fusion/teamsync/Content/accounts.htm
- Go to the Collected Sets folder you created before
- Select one of your previously saved sets from the folder on your desktop.
- Drag this set to designated your new Font Managements application Font Library
- This will create a set with the same name as the folder and place copies of the fonts in the set. If the font already exists in the library or workgroup, the application will not add another copy but it will still add the font to the set.
REMINDER - You cannot add Type 1 fonts for Windows if you are running on Mac OS, or Mac OS Type 1 fonts if you are running on Windows. To add Type 1 fonts, you must be running the same operating system as the font was intended.