When I try to enter a license key into Portfolio 2016, I get the following error message: “Invalid serial number, please re-try.”
Portfolio 2016 license keys must be entered in all capitals, with hyphens every four characters.
Three license keys are needed for normal functionality. Each type of license key has a different prefix:
- Portfolio 2016: PPXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Portfolio client connections: PCXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Portfolio asset count: ASXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
The Portfolio 2016 license key (PPXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) must be entered first. If you enter any other license key first, Portfolio will raise an error that the license key is invalid.
There are three types of license keys which enable additional functionality in Portfolio 2016:
- Portfolio NetPublish: NPXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Portfolio Media Engine: MEXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Portfolio API: PAXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
You can enter each license key individually or enter them all at once in the serial number dialog.
If you enter multiple license keys at once, you must have a Portfolio 2016 license key (PPXU-020E-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) entered already, or it must be one of the license keys being entered. If you do not, Portfolio will raise an error that the license key is invalid.