When trying to activate font(s) in Universal Type Client, they will activate for a brief moment or not activate at all.
Description of the Environment
This happens in all versions of Universal Type Client and with all supported version of macOS and Windows.
1) A Duplicate Font exists and are active
- This is typically caused by fonts being activated that share the same name
In the example below you can see several fonts that share the same name (but differ by Type). Trying to activate more than one of these fonts at a time will result in the other to be deactivated.
2) System Fonts
- Fonts located in the system font folder are typically active by default. Similar to the duplicate font issue, if a font with the same name is activated a font will activate for a brief moment and then deactivate since the system font is already active (and locked).
- Activate fonts with the same name one at a time
- Check for duplicate fonts and manage them appropriately:
- For more information use our Font Management Best Practice guide Here: