Description of the Issue
When attempting to restore a previous font vault it will not open or states that it is corrupt.
Description of Environment
This happens in all versions of Suitcase Fusion for Mac OS, on all supported versions of Mac OS.
How to Resolve the Issue
- Locate the old Suitcase Fusion.fontvault
- Typically found at the following location
- [Macintosh HD]/Users/[Username]/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/Suitcase Fusion.fontvault
NOTE - The Library folder is hidden. If you need to open it, click the desktop to make sure you're in the Finder, hold down the Option key, then choose Go > Library
- Right-click (or Control-click) on the Suitcase Fusion.fontvault and select “Show Package Contents”.
- Navigate to the the "SA/l" folder and drag it to the Desktop; this folder contains your fonts.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion and drag and drop the "l" folder into the Suitcase Fusion application window; the fonts will be imported into the new fontvault.
- You can now remove the old Suitcase Fusion.fontvault from the Desktop.
- You can now rename the "l" folder, "Backup Fonts" and move them to a backup location.