When the Extensis font activation plugin is installed, Adobe After Effects project(s) unexpectedly closes and reopens, losing recent changes.
This issue may occur if:
- You attempt to "convert to editable text" during the importing of a file
- You import one After Effects project into another. In this case, the main project is closed and reopened without saving your changes or importing the target project
Description of the Environment
This affects CC2017 versions of Adobe After Effects running on Windows based operating systems, including current versions of the Extensis font activation plugins for After Effects in Suitcase Fusion and Universal Type Client.
Extensis has addressed the issue and a “hot fix” plugin is now available for download:
Follow these instructions to install the new plugin:
- In Universal Type Client, stop the Type Core under File > Preferences > Type Core to quit the application
- Quit Adobe After Effects CC 2017
- Unzip the AECC2017_plugin_hot_fix_Sep2017.zip
- Copy the ExtensisFontManagementAECC2017.aex plugin to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\Extensions,
overwriting any existing plugin
- Copy the HostApp.plist and HostApp.signature files to Program Files (x86)\Extensis\Universal Type Client, overwriting the existing files
- Re-launch Universal Type Client
- Re-launch Adobe After Effects CC 2017