An individual user may need to perform different tasks with assets in different catalogs. When you grant a user membership in a catalog, you also assign them an Access Level for that catalog. Each access level has some pre-defined permissions, some permissions that can be enabled, and some that cannot be enabled. Settings that cannot be changed for a specific access level are grayed out.
Reader: Can search and perform some other basic tasks. Readers cannot add, delete, or edit fields within the catalog.
Editor: Primarily for users that need to perform data-entry tasks. It does not allow users to add or delete catalog entries.
Publisher: Primarily used to let a user add and delete catalog entries. While this user can also enter data, they are limited in that they cannot alter or define fields.
Catalog Administrator: Can perform any action available within Portfolio Web, and can also log in to the Portfolio Admin application in order to generate reports, manage NetPublish sites(add-on module), and modify the catalog; including defining custom fields, master keywords, and Watch Folders, and configure all catalog-specific settings.
Additional Access Levels: Portfolio Web Client
The following operations are available in the Portfolio Web client and users can be enabled or disabled through the Portfolio Admin.
- Access and Process Originals: Can download original files. When this permission and Use Convert Presets are granted, the user has access to the Batch Process
- Can Publish NetPublish Sites: Allows the user to publish and modify NetPublish sites.
- Can Smart Keyword:Allows the user to use the Suggest Smart Keyword feature for cataloged asset. (module add-on)
- Check Out Assets: For vault-based catalogs, allow the user to check out an asset.
- Embed Metadata: Allows users to edit metadata that can be embedded in a file.
- Import/Export Metadata: User can export metadata for assets to a text file, or import metadata for existing cataloged assets from a text file (either from another Portfolio catalog or from a different system).
- Make PDF: Allows the user to generate a PDF contact sheet.
- Manage Convert Presets:A llows users to use the Edit Convert Presets feature and to save presets from the Batch Process
- Manage Public Galleries: Allow users to create, update, and delete public galleries.
- Use Convert Presets: Allows users to use custom conversion presets created by others. When this permission and Access and Process Originals are granted, the user has access to the Batch Process