One of the most important components of establishing an efficient workflow in Portfolio is keywords. Before beginning a master keyword list, please consider the following:
- Define your organization’s goals
- Think about the most commonly used words to describe your assets such as “canine” or “dog”.
- Decide if you split keyword phrases into individual keywords or only enter them as a phrase. If you want to split them up, make sure that the “When adding Keywords, separate phrases into separate Keywords” option is turned on.
Note: When creating a Master Keyword List, Administrator privileges are required.
- Manually enter them into Portfolio
Import a text file into Portfolio.
- The keyword list must be a plain text file with one keyword per line.
- Nested keywords can be created with tabs.
- Open the Portfolio Administrator
- Select Catalogs and choose the catalog you want to add the Master Keywords to
- Choose the Fields tab
- Select System Fields from the pulldown menu
- Highlight the Keywords field
- Enter the keyword(s) manually or select the upload icon under the Predefined Values field and select Import
- Navigate to your text file
- Upload into Portfolio
Pro Tip: You can “lock down” modifications to the keywords and prevent other users from entering other keywords. In the Predefined values list, select “Only allow keywords from this list”.