One of the most important components of establishing an efficient workflow in Portfolio is keywords. Before beginning a master keyword list, please consider the following;
- Define your organization's goals
- Think about the most commonly used words to describe your assets such as “canine” or “dog”.
- Decide if you split keyword phrases into individual keywords or only enter them as a phrase. If you want to split them up, make sure that the “When adding Keywords, separate phrases into separate Keywords” option is turned on.
Creating a Master Keyword List: Administrator privileges are required
- Manually enter them into Portfolio
- Import a text file into Portfolio.
- The keyword list must be a plain text file with one keyword per line.
- Nested keywords can be created with tabs
1. Open the Portfolio Administrator
2. Select Catalogs and choose the catalog you want to add the Master Keywords to
3. Choose the Fields tab
4. Select System Fields from the pulldown menu
5. Highlight the Keywords field
6. Enter the keyword(s) manually or select the upload icon under the Predefined Values field and select import
7. Navigate to your text file
8. Upload into Portfolio
Pro Tip: You can “lock down” modifications to the keywords and prevent other users from entering other keywords. In the Predefined values list, select “only allow keywords from this list”.