One of the most important components of establishing an efficient workflow in Portfolio is keywords. Before beginning a master keyword list, please consider the following;
- Define your organizations goals
- Think about the most common used words to describe your assets such as “canine” or “dog”.
- Decide if you to split keyword phrases into individual keywords or only enter them as a phrase. If you want to split them up, make sure that the “When adding Keywords, separate phrases into separate Keywords” option is turned on.
Creating a Master Keyword List: Administrator privileges are required
- Manually enter them into Portfolio
- Import a text file into Portfolio.
- The keyword list must be a plain text file with one keyword per line.
- Nested keywords can be created with tabs
- Open the Portfolio Admin
- Select Catalogs and choose the catalog you want to add the Master Keywords to.
- Choose Catalog Fields
- Select System fields from the pulldown menu
- Enter the keyword manually or select the gear icon next to the Predefined values field and select import.
- Navigate to your text file
- Upload into Portfolio
Pro Tip: You can “lock down” modifications to the keywords and prevent other users from entering other keywords. In the Predefined values list, select “only allow keywords from this list”.