Any user that needs to access Portfolio through the client application, needs to have a Portfolio user account. When adding new users to Portfolio, you must first add the user then grant membership to any established Portfolio Catalogs.
There are two types of user accounts in Portfolio
- Native - Unique user name/password manually entered.
- Directory Services - are provided by Active Directory (AD)
Next Steps: Add-Users
- Within the Portfolio Admin Web interface, click Users.
- Click the green [+] icon directly above the Users listing pane.
- For Native accounts within the Create User pane , enter an Account Name , Password , Full Name ( optional but recommended to help quickly identify users accounts in the future ) , Email Address ( optional but recommended to help contact users as well as allow users to leverage email functionality ) , and then click Create.
- For Directory Service accounts within the Create User pane , enter the user's Active Directory login name as the Account Name as well as a "filler" value within Password ( this value is ignored as the user's current password will be used during the LDAP Bind authentication process ) and then click Create.
- Select the Directory Service checkbox and then click Apply. If the Account Name value matches an existing Directory Services user account, the account will be changed from Native to Directory Service.