Any user that needs to access Portfolio through the client application, needs to have a Portfolio user account. When adding new users to Portfolio, you must first add the user then grant membership to any established Portfolio Catalogs.
There are two types of user accounts in Portfolio
- Native - Unique user name/password manually entered.
- Directory Services - are provided by an Active Directory (AD) or Open Directory (OD) service on your network.
Next Steps: Add-Users
- Open the Portfolio Admin, click Users
- Click Add New User below the list of users on the left.
- In the User Details pane, enter an Account Name and choose an Authentication method.
- Native – enter the users user name and password
- Directory Services: you must enter the users’s account name in the Directory Service that is bound to Portfolio. The user’s password will be the same as their Directory Service password.
- Enter additional user details.
- You should assign a valid email address to each user. Users can request email notification when certain galleries have been modified but need to have an email address associated with their account.
- You can choose to grant the new user membership in all existing catalogs automatically; check the box labeled Add user to all catalogs and specify the Access Level from the drop-down menu.
- Click Create