Document tracking allows Connect Fonts to show which fonts are used in your documents. You can open a file and activate the fonts at the same time by double-clicking on the document in the Document Tracking panel.
To use document tracking, the "Enable Document Tracking" checkbox must be checked in Connect Fonts preferences. Go to Connect Fonts Menu > Manage Plug-ins.
Adding documents to Document Tracking
Drag and Drop: Add files by dragging them onto the Document Tracking section in the left panel; Connect Fonts will add the document to the appropriate application.
Adding by saving: In Sketch and Adobe CC applications, the plug-ins adds documents to Document Tracking when they are saved.
Note: Connect Fonts only supports file types for the applications listed under Document Tracking.
Checking the status of a document
Connect Fonts displays a badge icon that shows the status of your tracked documents.
- No icon: The document is up-to-date in Document Tracking
- The document was updated since the last time you looked at it in Document Tracking
- The document was moved or deleted since the last time you looked at it in Document Tracking
Viewing font usage information
Click the info icon on the lower-right corner of a document icon to display the document info panel.
The Font Usage tab shows previews of the fonts used in the document (if available in Connect Fonts) and the status of the fonts:
- Connect Fonts has a font with the same FontSense ID as the font used in the document
- Connect Fonts has a font with the name as the font used in the document, but the FontSense IDs don't match
- Connect Fonts doesn't have a font with the same name or FontSense ID
The Document Info tab shows some basic information about the file including the filename, file creation date, last modified date, and the location on disk.
If you have any additional questions please submit a support request for further assistance