Windows users can use LizardTech’s free GeoViewer or the “demosaicking” functionality in the GeoExpress graphical user interface (GUI) to decode MrSID (.sid) images to other formats. Both Windows and Mac users can use the command-line tool MrSID GeoDecode to decode MrSID images to TIFF and GeoTIFF (.tif), JPEG (.jpg) and other formats.
For Windows users:
Windows users can use LizardTech’s free GeoViewer to view MrSID images and decode them to JPEG, GeoTIFF or PNG (.png) format. Download GeoViewer at https://www.lizardtech.com/geoviewer-pro/overview.
Windows users can also decode to other GeoTIFF by taking advantage of the demosaicking function of the Image Crop dialog in the GeoExpress GUI to “tile out” to GeoTIFF.
To demosaic an existing MrSID file:
- Add the image to the Images tab of the Job list. If you are demosaicking a MrSID image you can also add it to the Optimize tab.
- Choose Image Crop from the Tools The Image Crop dialog appears. If you wish to view the image while you set the output tiling grid, click Show Image.
- In the Output Tiling subpanel, enter the number of rows and columns that you wish to split the image into. If you specify 3 rows and 4 columns the result will be 12 new image tiles.
- Enter a magnification factor if desired.
- Click OK, then encode as usual.