Summary of problem:
You are unable to release a floating license that was checked out even though the user is no longer using GeoExpress.
When a user quits GeoExpress but the license remains checked out it is either because the user checked out a license manually via the Commuter Licensing tool or because the connection to the license server was lost (even momentarily) while the user was running GeoExpress.
GeoExpress 7 introduced a new feature called “commuter licensing”, which enables your organization to use GeoExpress off the network (e.g. on a laptop in the field) without having to purchase and activate standalone licenses. While a user is connected to the network this license is checked in and out automatically without user interaction.
You must first discover which user has the license checked out, then check the license back in.
To discover which user has the license checked out:
- Run the WlmAdmin program (Start > (All)Programs > LizardTech > License Server > WlmAdmin) on the computer operating as a license server.
- Click the +symbol next to Subnet Servers.
- Click the +symbol next to your server name.
- Click the +symbol next to the license type (mrsidwork or mrsidunlim).
- The computer name of the user with the license checked out is identified by a stick figure icon.
NOTE: If the computer that has the license code checked out is no longer accessible (damaged, lost, or not bootable) you must contact LizardTech Technical Support.
To check the license back in:
- Open the Commuter Licensing window (Start > (All)Programs > LizardTech > GeoExpress7 > Commuter Licensing).
- ClickSingle Server and enter in the license server name or click Search Subnet.
- Click the +symbol next to the name of your license server, then click the license name. The “Check In” button becomes active.
- Click Check In.
This is a known issue that will be addressed in a future release.