Yes! You can plan ahead and obtain a new license compatible with Express Server 9.5 from LizardTech before upgrading to ensure a smooth transition. If you have already upgraded to Express Server 9.5 you should refer to the How do I get a new Express Server 9.5 license code? knowledge base article instead.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a current support agreement with LizardTech in order to receive a new license code. If you are not sure about your support agreement status please contact the sales rep in your area.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the echoid.bat file from the bin directory of the directory where Express Server is installed (the default is C:\LizardTech\Express Server\ImageServer\bin)
- The last line in this file will read either 0x1804 or 0x2010. Change this line to read 0x1004 then save and close the file.
- Open a command prompt and browse to the bin directory of the directory where Express Server is installed (the default is C:\LizardTech\Express Server\ImageServer\bin)
- Run the "echoid.exe" program.
- The program will return the locking code starting with the 1004- locking criteria.
- Right-click on the command icon in the top-left of the window, then click on Edit and then click Mark. Now highlight the locking code with the cursor and right-click to copy the text to your clipboard. Do not just take a screenshot - screenshots are prone to human error when reading the locking code.
- Open a web browser and go to the Purchase or activate an Express Server licensepage on our website. This link will take you to a product activation form.
- Fill out the product activation form and note this is to obtain an Express Server 9.5 license code prior to upgrade in the additional details. Make sure to include your locking code on this form.Failing to include the locking code will delay your new license.
- Click submit. You will receive a response from LizardTech within one business day.
- Wait until after installing the upgrade to apply the new license. This license will not work on older versions of Express Server. If you try to apply it to your old version it will replace the existing license and Express Server will no longer function.