If you want to share the cartridge across a network you will need to install the Express Cartridge Manager Server. Note that the Express Cartridge Manager (ECM) is the application that stores cartridge data whereas the ECM Server is a separate application that actually serves out the cartridge across the network. If you install the ECM Server application it will automatically install the ECM for you.
- Install the ECM Server on the computer that will store the cartridge. The ECM Server is found by browsing the contents of the GeoExpress DVD or ISO file.
- If you have already installed and set up a cartridge with LizardTech support, make sure to say NOwhen the installer asks if you want to install the ECM. If you say yes here it will overwrite the existing cartridge information. If this is the first time you have installed the ECM Server you should choose yes.
- The ECM Server service does not automatically start after installation. You must start it in order for the cartridge to be served across the network. It will start automatically the next time the computer is restarted.
- Point any copy of GeoExpress (client) on your network to the network ECM:
- Select Data Cartridgefrom the Tools
- Select Use network ECM.
- Type the IP address and port (9013 is the default) of the ECM Server in the format IP.add.ress:9013