You previously customized the app pool identity to a domain user account, possibly in order to access remote imagery. After upgrading to Express Server 9.5 the remote catalogs no longer display.
Both the app pool identity and the Tomcat service log on are reset to the default "NetworkService" user after upgrading. To change them back follow this process:
- Open the Services panel
- Scroll down to the LizardTech Express Server Tomcat Service
- Right-click on this service and select Properties
- Click the Log On tab of the window that appears
- Use the Browse picker to find your domain user account
- Enter the password for the domain user and click OK on the window
- Stop and restart the LizardTech Express Server Tomcat Service in order for this to take effect
App pool identity
- Open IIS
- Browse to the Application Pool and find the LTESAppPool option.
- Right-click on the LTESAppPool option and select Advanced Settings...
- Scroll down to Process Model and select Identity. Click the three small dots on the right side to open it.
- Select Custom Account and enter the username and password for your domain user
- Click OK on every dialogue box
- Reset IIS
Now your network catalogs will display properly.