After upgrading to Windows 10, the following installation error of "Please give ExtensisPluginInstaller.exe permission to restore the current user's font-activation privileges to the Windows registry, then launch again." appears when launching Universal Type Client 7:
To combat against unexpected security vulnerabilities, Microsoft has tightened its constraints on some Windows registry points and locks required privileges on the ExtensisPluginInstaller.exe file during operating system upgrading.
Universal Type Client 7 for Windows
Please review the following repair options:
- If user has Administrator access:
Choose the ‘Launch ExtensisPluginInstaller.exe’ option in the information window.
The installer will reapply the registry access required to run Universal Type Client normally.
- If user does not have Administrator access:
- Download the authorized Extensis Plugin Installer file <CREATE DL LINK>
- Run the new ExtensisPluginInstaller.exe with Admin privileges
- Pass it the -fixRegistry parameter on the command line.
From the Command Prompt (cmd.exe) window using “Run as administrator”, run the following command:
- ExtensisPluginInstaller.exe -fixRegistry
It should appear like the image below:
Related to the following UTS 6 KBA