Document tracking allows Suitcase Fusion to show which fonts are used in your documents. By double-clicking on the document in the Document Tracking panel, Suitcase Fusion opens the file and activates the fonts.
To use document tracking, the Enable Document Tracking checkox must be checked in the Plug-ins panel of the Suitcase Fusion preferences.
Adding documents to Document Tracking
You can add files by dragging them onto the Document Tracking section in the left panel; Suitcase Fusion adds the document to the appropriate application.
Note: Suitcase Fusion only supports file types for the applications listed under Document Tracking.
The auto-activation plug-ins for Sketch and the Adobe Creative Cloud applications adds documents to Document Tracking when they are saved.
Seeing the status of a document
Suitcase Fusion displays a badge icon that shows the status of your tracked documents.
- No icon: The document is up-to-date in Document Tracking
- The document was updated since the last time you looked at it in Document Tracking
- The document was moved or deleted since the last time you looked at it in Document Tracking
Viewing font usage information
Click the info icon on the lower-right corner of a document icon to display the document info panel.
The Font Usage tab shows previews of the fonts used in the document (if available in Suitcase Fusion) and the status of the fonts:
- Suitcase Fusion has a font with the same FontSense ID as the font used in the document
- Suitcase Fusion has a font with the name as the font used in the document, but the FontSense IDs don’t match
- Suitcase Fusion doesn’t have a font with the same name or FontSense ID
The Document Info tab shows some basic information about the file including the filename, file creation date, last modified date, and the location on disk.