This article applies to Suitcase Fusion for Mac versions 19 (Suitcase Fusion 8) through 22, and all versions of Connect Fonts.
When you open Suitcase Fusion or Connect Fonts for Mac you get an error dialog; clicking OK quits the application.
Try these troubleshooting steps in order; if you continue to have problems, you can submit a support request and Technical Support can help you.
1. Close the error message and wait 5-10 seconds
Sometimes the background process for Connect Fonts called the type core can't respond properly because it takes longer than expected to start, and you get this error code as a result. Close the Connect Fonts Desktop or Suitcase Fusion error message and the application, wait 5 to 10 seconds, and open it again.
2. Restart your computer
The type core (the background process) for Connect Fonts Desktop will restart and should allow you to restart and use the application.
3. Quit the Type Core for Connect Fonts Desktop Manually
If the first 2 options did not resolve the type core from quitting, you can manually stop the type core by quitting from the Activity Monitor.
- Open the Activity Monitor application (/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor)
- Use the search function in the upper right corner and search for "fmcore"
- Highlight the fmcore process by clicking on from the list - It should turn blue if selected
- Click the 'X' in the menu bar to Quit or Force Quit the fmcore background process (see screenshot)
- Re-launch the Connect Font Desktop application
4. Remove Connect Fonts or Suitcase Fusion as a login item
If you set Connect Fonts or Suitcase Fusion as a login item in macOS, it may open before the type core has started. There's no way to set login items to start in a specific order in macOS; remove Connect Fonts or Suitcase Fusion as a login item and open it after you've logged in to macOS.
- Control-click on the Suitcase Fusion icon in the Dock
- Uncheck Options > Open at Login
5. Reopening windows when logging back in
When you restart your Mac, macOS will ask if you want to reopen your open applications and windows. This can have the same effect as setting Connect Fonts or Suitcase Fusion as a login item; when restarting your Mac, uncheck "Reopen windows when logging back in" before clicking Restart.
6. Removing outdated temporary files
Sometimes, Connect Fonts or Suitcase Fusion can't find the type core process because of outdated or damaged session information. In these cases, waiting before trying to open the application doesn't address the issue.
You can download a cleanup script for Connect Fonts or for Suitcase Fusion:
- Connect Fonts: https://cs.extensis.com/font/connect-fonts/clean-connect-fonts-session-info.zip
- Suitcase Fusion: https://cs.extensis.com/font/suitcase/clean-suitcase-fusion-session-info.zip
To run the script, double-click the .command file. If macOS warns you that the script can't be opened, Control-click on the script and select Open from the dropdown menu. You'll get a different warning dialog with an Open button.