Collecting fonts and sets from Universal Type Server
The following are instructions for collecting fonts and shared sets from workgroups in UTS.
To collect fonts and sets from personal workgroups, or to collect private sets, you must log in to Universal Type Server with the user account that owns that personal workgroup and sets.
Collecting fonts from Universal Type Client
- Open Universal Type Client.
- Log in using an account with Full Administrator privileges, such as the default administrator account.
- Select a workgroup, then select all of the fonts by choosing Edit > Select All.
- Choose File > Collect Fonts for Output; when the save dialog opens, save the fonts to the Desktop.
Universal Type Client will create a Collected Fonts folder and place copies of the fonts in the folder.
NOTE: If you have more than one workgroup, you should repeat the process for each workgroup.
Collecting font sets from Universal Type Client
- Create a Collected Sets folder on the desktop.
- Select a workgroup, then select your sets and drag them to the Collected Sets folder.
Universal Type Client will create a Collected Fonts folder within your Collected Sets folder, create subfolders for each set you collected, and place copies of the fonts in each subfolder.
If you have more than one workgroup, you should create a Collected Sets folder and repeat the process for each workgroup.
Creating shared ( aka. Team ) libraries in Connect Fonts
Team Libraries must be created in the web platform ( Connect ) by a user with Modify or Admin User permissions.
You can create a Team Library for each workgroup you have in Universal Type Server.
Once your Team Libraries have been created, you can assign them to your users.
For more information, see the article: Organizing Fonts into Libraries and Sets
Adding fonts to Team libraries
Once you have created your Team libraries, log in to Connect Fonts Desktop Application as a user that has Modify or Administrator permissions.
Open the Collected Fonts folder on your desktop and drag the fonts onto the Team library in the left hand pane. This will add the fonts to the library.
- Connect Fonts will create a Collected Fonts set which can be deleted after the fonts are added. This will not affect the fonts in the library.
Next, open the Collected Sets folder from your desktop, then the Collected Fonts subfolder.
- Drag all of the set folders onto the team library. This will create a set for each folder and add the fonts to the sets.
Repeat this process for every Team library.
If you have any additional questions please submit a support request for further assistance