Objective: Font activation and tracking with your documents
Document Tracking allows you to track and audit the fonts used by your documents, creating a level of automation within your workflow.
Add Documents to be Tracked
1) Drag & drop any source file onto the Document Tracking library.
Note: Suitcase creates a path to where the document is located on your system, so if the document is moved, the path will need to be updated in Suitcase.
Font Activation When You Open a Document
The document’s fonts will auto-activate when you open the document through Suitcase Fusion.
Font Usage & Information Panel
The Information Panel is the control center for your documents. It will display information such as fonts used in the document, activation status, and properties such as file location, last modified date, and other metadata.
To launch the Information Panel:
1) Select the in the lower right-hand corner of the document preview window.
Package Fonts When Sharing Documents
When sending the document to a client or colleague, collect the fonts for output, ensuring that the recipient has the correct fonts used in the file. The fonts will be packaged together with the document.
Collect fonts for output:
1) Right-click on the document and select Collect for Output
2) Select the folder destination
3) The file and fonts will be packaged together in the location selected