If you are thinking about migrating your UTS instance to Connect Fonts:
- This starts with a conversation between you and your Extensis Account Manager.
- If you don't know how to reach them, please submit a request and we will help you get in touch.
In the meantime, when preparing to migrate your data from Universal Type Server into Connect Fonts, you will need to consider the following information:
How many users do you want to set up in Connect Fonts?
Universal Type Server users take up a client seat only when a user is logged into Universal Type Client. Versus your Connect Fonts subscription, where every user takes up a seat license regardless of login status. License Managers don't take up a seat.
Who do you want as your Administrator users?
Connect Fonts has three user roles:
- Administrative Users can invite, remove, and manage Connect Users and have full access to Connect Fonts. They can do it all.
- License Managers can invite, remove, and manage Connect Users but cannot log in to the Connect Fonts desktop app or manage fonts or libraries. They manage users only.
- Users can have either "Read Only" or "Modify" access, and can optionally have Collect for Output permissions.
Important NOTE: Users in Connect Fonts have the same role in all of the cloud libraries they're assigned to. A user cannot be an Administrator on one library and a User on another.
Do you have a current Universal Type Server 7 backup file?
We can migrate your data for you using a recent backup file from UTS 7. Migrating data from backup files created in older versions of UTS is not supported
Once created, the default locations for backups are:
C:\Program Files\Extensis\Universal Type Server\data\backupsMac:
/Applications/Extensis/Universal Type Server/data/backups
Once the Migration Form has been filled out and the process is in motion, our migration team will request the backup and provide a FTP link to upload to.