This article applies to all versions of Universal Type Server, Universal Type Client and Connect Fonts. Fonts must be exported out of Universal Type Client and imported into the Connect Fonts Desktop app.
Locating PostScript fonts in Universal Type Client
Type 1 fonts will show as "PostScript" in the info panel. Multiple Master fonts (a variant of Type 1 fonts) will show as "PostScript - MM" in the info panel.
- Open Universal Type Client.
- Log in using an account with Full Administrator privileges, such as the default administrator account.
- Search for PostScript fonts in "All Server Fonts" workgroup by choosing Edit > Find Fonts.
- A grey box will appear - see below image
- From left to right: Select "Type" from the first dropdown > "matches" from the second > "PostScript" from the third menu.
- Click the plus (+) button to add a second search condition.
- Repeat the above instructions while substituting "PostScript - MM" in the third dropdown.
Collecting PostScript fonts for output out of Universal Type Client
- Select all of the PostScript fonts found by choosing Edit > Select All.
- Choose File > Collect Fonts for Output.
- Save the fonts to your preferred location.
Universal Type Client will create a Collected Fonts folder and place copies of your PostScript fonts in the folder.
Importing PostScript fonts into Connect Fonts for Desktop
Importing PostScript fonts into Connect Fonts must happen through the Connect Fonts for Desktop app, and not through Connect Fonts for Web.
Before importing PostScript fonts into Connect Fonts, you might first consider creating a Team Library to house the PostScript fonts to keep them separate from your other fonts. See Organizing Fonts in Libraries and Sets for more information on how to create a Team Library.
Once your Team Library is created, log into the Connect Fonts for Desktop app as an Administrator or other account with permission to add fonts to that library, and drag and drop your folder of PostScript fonts you collected out of UTS into it. The PostScript fonts will upload to the Team Library automatically.
If you have any additional questions please submit a support request for further assistance