- Shared server-based workgroups are migrated
- Personal server-based workgroups are migrated
- Personal client-based workgroups are not migrated
- Any users with client-based workgroups will need to collect their fonts out of these workgroups and then manually import them into Connect Fonts, once migrated over. This article can help: Exporting The Fonts From A Workgroup
- OpenType and TrueType fonts are migrated into the proper workgroups and sets.
- Currently, PostScript - Type 1 and Multiple Master fonts are not migrated.
- Type 1 fonts can be added to your cloud libraries in the Connect Fonts Desktop application by following the steps outlined here: Exporting PostScript fonts from Universal Type Server to Connect Fonts.
- Type 1 fonts cannot be added directly to the Connect Fonts web platform.
- Starting on 11/23/2022, Font License Data began being migrated over to Connect Fonts.
- Technical Support has a tool to migrate License Data over for migrations performed prior to this date.
- On 01/17/2023, Font Licensing went live on the web platform for all Connect Fonts customers.
- Users do not have to be migrated.
- However, if you want to migrate your users, each user must have the following:
- First Name, Last Name and unique Email address in their UTS account.
- Users who are not already in our system will have contacts created for them in your Extensis Account during the migration process.
- Users who are Full Administrators in UTS will be Admin Users in your Connect Fonts subscription.
- Users with other roles in UTS are currently migrated over as Read-Only users in your Connect Fonts subscription.
Please see What information do I need to provide for a successful migration? for more detailed information.