NOTE: Extensis Support is not responsible for assisting you in implementing a unique remote deploy method or troubleshooting the commands below. The information in this article is intended to share methods we've found helpful for other customers, for those who may be looking to remotely deploy Connect Fonts or Suitcase Fusion in their environment.
Building a .pkg from our application
In some environments it's easier to deploy a .pkg file. To create a .pkg from our latest installer:
- Install Connect Fonts.app
- Open Terminal.app
- Use the following command:
sudo pkgbuild --install-location /Applications --component "/Applications/Connect Fonts.app" ~/Desktop/Connect.pkg
- This will leave a Connect.pkg file on the desktop
Installing Plug-ins via Terminal
For information on installing plug-ins using Terminal or through a shell script, go to Installing and uninstalling plug-ins for Connect Fonts from the command line.
Disabling "Check for Automatic Updates" Notices
The following can be deployed via terminal to remotely turn off the "Check for automatic updates?" option in the client preferences.
- Connect Fonts Desktop application must be installed on the users machine.
- The user account might need to be specified if your management account runs as root.
- User can manually turn this back on. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect Fonts app will reset this as well.
defaults write com.extensis.SuitcaseFusion SUEnableAutomaticChecks 0
If you have any additional questions please submit a support request for further assistance