The Connect Fonts desktop application can display fonts that have been activated on the Adobe Fonts website.
Adobe Fonts also comes as part of an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.Note: Adobe Fonts will not appear on the Connect Fonts website ( connect.extensis.com )
To activate fonts in Adobe Creative Cloud:
- Log into your Creative Cloud Subscription.
- Select either "Manage Fonts" in the left column
- OR- the Icon in the Upper Right corner.
This will open up a new browser window where you will be able to search for fonts that you would like to activate.
- Type in your search criteria > press "Return"
- Select the font that you would like to activate
- The fonts main page will open up where you can see a preview of the font in different sizes, sample text or different font weights.
- To Activate the entire family: toggle the "Activate X number of Fonts" toggle at the top right
- To Activate individual fonts: scroll down the page until, you see a font you like and toggle to activate it individually.
- Once you activate a font, you will see a splash screen confirming the font activation was successful > Select OK
- In Connect Fonts, the Adobe Fonts Library will appear under "Third Party Fonts" and the activated fonts will appear in the library and will be activated by default.
You can create sets in the Adobe Fonts library under Third-Party Fonts as you normally would.
Fonts in the Adobe Fonts Library can be activated and deactivated from Connect Fonts, however, there is a known issue that affects some users in which deactivated fonts remain available on your system. We are aware of this issue and actively working on a solution
- You will NOT be able to drag fonts from your Adobe Font Library into other Local, Personal or Team Libraries.
- If you deactivate fonts on the Adobe Fonts website, they will be removed from Connect Fonts and from any sets you create.
- You will have to add the fonts back to the set, if you reactivate them.