This article describes the process for upgrading Universal Type Server (UTS) from all versions of 6.x and 7.x to 7.x.
This article assumes you will be performing an in-place update of Universal Type Server on the same server.
To move your Universal Type Server to a new server during the upgrade, see How do I migrate Universal Type Server to another server?
1. Verify system requirements and supported versions of UTS
Make sure that the server UTS will be installed on meets the minimum system requirements:
2. Perform a backup of your current UTS environment
This will put UTS into standby mode until the backup is complete, and users will be unable to connect during the backup process.
- Log into Server Administration
- Go to Datastore > Backups and click “Backup now”
RECOMMENDATION - Extensis recommends running a backup prior to moving to step 3.
3. Install UTS 7
- Download and Launch the UTS 7 installer and follow the prompts. If you installed UTS 6 on a volume other than the startup volume, be sure to select the same location for UTS 7.
- Installer files can be found here:
- Restart the server (computer) after the installation of UTS has completed.
IMPORTANT: If you have changed the HTTP client port from 8080 to another port number, the UTS 7 installer will reset it to 8080 during installation. You can change it after installing UTS 7.
MacOS server file changes may occur:
The Mac OS X installer may change some settings in the /etc/sysctl.conf file; the installer will notify you if changes are made. This is necessary for the private PostgreSQL instance in UTS to start properly; if the sysctl.conf file is modified then you must restart the Mac before attempting to install UTS 7, otherwise PostgreSQL may not start properly during installation and UTS will be unusable.
4. Licensing UTS 7
- When the UTS installation is complete the Server Administration web application will open. Log in using the Administrator username and password from your previous instance.
- Go to Licenses Tab and enter your UTS 7 Extensis license credential. The License credentials are the owner or licensee of UTS. You will need to use your Extensis credentials. The same email address and password you would use to login to Extensis.com. For more information about this process, please use the following link:
5. Informing and Installing the Universal Type Client
- Download and install the latest client installers for the link below:
- Open the Universal Type Client installer and follow the prompts.
- The UTC installer will remove any previous versions of UTC and associated auto-activation plug-ins, and install the updated versions.
If client machines are already running on Universal Type Client version 6.1.7 or 7.x, then inform your clients the server will be undergoing an update and unavailable during this process.
- Clients can continue working during the upgrade process if they launch Universal Type Client and select Server > Go Offline
- When the UTS upgrade has completed, clients can select Server > Go Online to reconnect to the server. This may require them to log in to the server again.