Removing Windows Universal Type Client
Step 1: Run the Uninstaller
- Open the Programs and Features control panel.
- Select Extensis Universal Type Client and then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes if asked to confirm.
- You may see another dialog that states: "The following applications should be closed before continuing the installation." If so, leave it set to Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete and click OK.
- Close the Programs and Features control panel when the uninstaller is finished.
Step 2: Remove additional files
Open the directory
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Extensis*
Remove the file:
Remove any folders or files whose names start with:
- UTC (folder)
Removing Mac Universal Type Client
Download the Universal Type Client Uninstall tool using the link below:
Double-click to launch the file, and follow the instructions that appear. Make sure the following folders and preferences have been removed:
- Library/Extensis (make sure any locally stored personal workgroups were backed up first)
Next, make sure to turn off any additional applications that will automatically start or launch when your computer starts.
- System Preferences>Users & Groups.
- Select your User ID.
- Select Login Items.
- Click the lock icon and enter an admin password.
- Click the (-) button to select an application to be removed from your Start-up Applications folder.
NOTE: Please turn off Virus or Firewall Software to ensure that there are no conflicts when installing or running the application.
- Restart your computer