The instructions listed below are steps on how to remove the Universal Type Client application from Windows and Macintosh-based operating systems.
Windows UTC Removal:
Step 1: Run the Uninstaller
- Open the Programs and Features control panel
- Select 'Extensis Universal Type Client' and then click on 'Uninstall'
- Click 'Yes' if asked to confirm.
- You may see another dialog that states: "The following applications should be closed before continuing the installation". If so, leave it set to 'Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete' and click 'OK'.
- Close the Programs and Features control panel when the uninstaller is finished.
Step 2: Remove additional files
- Open: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Extensis*
- Remove the following:
- Any folders or files whose names start with:
- UTC (folder)
Mac UTC Removal:
Download the Universal Type Client Uninstall tool using the link below:
Double-click to launch the file, and follow the instructions that appear. Make sure the following folders and preferences have been removed:
- Library/Extensis (make sure any locally stored personal workgroups were backed up first)
Next, make sure to turn off any additional applications that will automatically start or launch when your computer starts.
- System Preferences>Users & Groups.
- Select your User ID.
- Select Login Items.
- Click the lock icon and enter an admin password.
- Click the (-) button to select an application to be removed from your Start-up Applications folder.
NOTE – Please turn off Virus or Firewall Software will ensure there are no conflicts when installing or running the application.
- Restart your computer