Users Migrating Portfolio to a new Server using Intel's 10th generation processors, codenamed: "Ice Lake" report an issue with the process: "node.js" failing to run. This results in a condition where NetPublish sites are listed in the Administration tool, but cannot connect or display properly. Additionally, users are unable to create new NetPublish sites.
This issues applies to Portfolio 4.0 and above.
- Download Node 12.22.12 LTS. https://nodejs.org/download/release/v12.22.12/node-v12.22.12-win-x64.zip
- Unzip this file to a location on the server
- Stop Portfolio and all of its services in services.msc
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Extensis\Portfolio Server\applications\netpublish
- Copy, or rename the existing node.exe file
- Drag the new node.exe from the unzipped Node 12 directory and drop it into this directory.
- Start Portfolio and check to make sure Netpublish functions properly
If you have any additional questions or need more assistance, please submit a support request for further assistance.